The Healthcare Consumer Navigator Center is your all-inclusive healthcare reference site to guide you through the healthcare maze.
SHARE YOUR HEALTHCARE STORY WITH US:
GO TO CONTACT US ABOVE; SELECT “SHARE YOUR STORY” TELLS US
WHAT HAPPENED…WE MAYBE ABLE TO HELP YOU
NEW: CARING FOR AGING PARENTS can be a complicated maze of managing personal care and navigating the healthcare system. HCNC has published “CHECK LISTS” to help caregivers navigate the maze. By beginning to prepare for what might come you will make both your lives (you and your parents) much easier. Find the information in our Consumer Information Navigator above.
NEW: The No Surprise Act (SURPRISE BILLING) is effective January 1, 2022. Our goal is to provide the consumer with an easy-to-use guide to help navigate the Act. Find the information in our Consumer Information Navigator above.
NEW: CONSUMER HEALTHCARE SCAMS. Located in our Consumer Trends Navigator, this section will help guide you understand and guide you to manage healthcare scams.
NEW: Our new HEALTHCARE MEDICARE/MEDICARE ADVANTAGE NAVIGATOR will focus on issues relating to the older healthcare consumer. This section will have timely and valuable information.
NEW…Check Out Our Pod Casts..Hosted on Buzzsprout:
NEW: A GUIDE TO MANAGE YOUR PATIENT BALANCE OR MEDICAL BAD DEBT
Click on the Link Below
A GUIDE TO MANAGE YOUR PATIENT BALANCE OR MEDICAL BAD DEBT
The Healthcare Consumer Needs Help
The typical healthcare consumer, at some point in time, will have a negative experience with or navigating the healthcare process. The consumer lacks a basic understanding of the healthcare system. This is a deadly combination that creates consumer frustration and, at times, financial risk. Consumers are being asked to do more and pay more for healthcare. These new variables will force the consumer to plan and implement a Personal/Family Healthcare Plan. The plan will help the consumer select the correct healthcare providers and budget for annual healthcare expenses. Healthcare is changing rapidly. The following are several examples:
- High deductible health plans are becoming the norm
- Provider networks are changing and are shrinking
- Consumer are forced to assume more medical and financial risk
These changes are forcing the consumer to plan! HCNC is committed to assist the Healthcare Consumer.
FAQ’S About Healthcare Consumer Navigator Center
- What does Healthcare Consumer Navigator Center do?HCNC is a national organization that provides FREE guidance, advice and information to the Healthcare Consumer.
- What Information do you provide consumers?HCNC provides information, such as:
1. How to develop a Personal/Family Health Plan
2. What type of healthcare discounts are available to the consumer
3. What type of health insurance plans are available to the consumer
4. Monitoring and reporting on current healthcare consumer trends
- Can I ask you questions about healthcare concerns?Yes. Email us and we will answer your questions.
- What is a Personal Family Health Plan?A Personal Family Health Plan lays out the medical and financial requirements on an annual basis. Healthcare consumers plan for vacations, college, retirement, etc. but never for healthcare. The planning process guides the consumer to think and plan for healthcare.
Latest Blog Posts and Pod Casts
- Navigating the Healthcare System My Healthcare Story and What I Learned - It was a Sunday morning in November and all of a sudden what began as a relaxing day turned into an ER visit followed by…
- Much Ado About Nothing or What’s All the Fuss About - Several weeks ago, the Dallas Morning News reported about negotiations between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBS) and Southwestern Health Resources (SHR), an alliance…