- Basic Terms You Need to Know When Navigating Healthcare
- Selecting the Right Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Optimizing Flex Spending (FSA) and Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
- What are Essential Health Benefits
- Healthcare Discounts Available to the Consumer
- How Medical Billing Works
- Medical Bills that have been sent to a Collection Agency
- Understanding the Pre-Certification Process for Elective Services
- Appealling a Medical Bill that was Denied by Your Insurance
- How to Plan for and What to Expect During your Hospital Stay
- Selecting Your Healthcare Providers
- What is Telehealth, Telecare and Telemedicine?
- Safety Net Hospitals; A Resource for the Healthcare Consumers
- How To Navigate the Healthcare Pricing Maze
- How To Determine Healthcare Provider Quality
- The Top 15 Most Popular Health Websites For Consumer Research
- Observation Care and Services; A Consumer’s Guide of What You Need to Know
- A Healthcare Consumer Guide to Understanding and Managing Balance Billing
- Tips to Maximize Your High Deductible Health Plan
- Enacted Healthcare State Legislation: Pricing and Disclose of Healthcare Costs
- Emergency Room or Urgent Care? SYMPTOMS THAT WILL HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION
This section will help the healthcare consumer understand, talk about and navigate through healthcare.
Picking the right healthcare insurance plan is very important. Customizing the right plan for the consumer will insure proper coverage and minimum expense.
Saving strategies can help the consumer manage and optimize out of pocket healthcare spending. These accounts have tax advantages for the healthcare consumer.
All healthcare insurance plans are required to provide essential healthcare benefits. The consumer should know what the benefits are available.
Consumers are bombarded with offers of discounts for everything they purchase. Healthcare is no different with one exception; most consumers are not aware they are available. This section will explain how to secure a discount.
Medical billing can be very confusing for the consumer to understand and navigate. This section will explain the billing process and what the healthcare consumer can expect.
The consumer should know their options and strategies when a bill sent to a collection agency.
Some specific services covered under the consumers’ health insurance plan may require the healthcare provider to obtain an authorization to perform the service. Consumers need to be aware of these requirements to be assured of payment form their insurance company.
Insurance companies routinely deny services that require the healthcare provider and consumer to appeal. This section will guide the consumer through the appeal process.
Most healthcare consumer are paralyzed when themselves or family members are admitted to a hospital. This section will explains how the consumer can navigate the healthcare process.
All doctors are not created equal. This guide will help consumers select the right doctor for their family and themselves.
Understanding and using telemedicine will be very important for healthcare consumers. This section will define, educate and guide the healthcare consumer through telemedicine.
Healthcare consumers need to understand what are Safety Net Hospitals, how they work and how they can be leveraged to benefit the consumer.
A guide to help healthcare consumers to identify web sites, research healthcare prices and navigate through the process.
To educate and guide the healthcare consumer in determining the quality ratings of healthcare providers
To help the Healthcare Consumer with researching Healthcre Topics
Understanding and Managing Observation Status when admitted to a hospital can be very confusing. The HCNC Observation Status Guide will help the Consumer Navigate through the process.
Understanding and Managing Balance Billing is confusing and frustrating. This section will provide the consumer with tools, information and web sites to navigate through the balance billing process.
Maximizing the benefits of your health insurance plan can save you money. Take advantage of these tips.
In the past decade, health care price transparency or disclosure of costs has emerged as a hot topic in state legislatures, as a strategy for containing health costs.
Selecting the right Healthcare Provider in an Emergency situation can save you time and money.